VCS Diamond has its own sound Recorder which makes it easy for you to record and save conversations, morphed voice messages, convert audio file format, as well as modified songs.
To display the Recorder, click Voice Recorder button on the left pane. The Recorder dialog box will be displayed.
VCSD Recorder automatically creates a new task for the application which it recognizes is producing audio stream in the computer at the time. The new task will be listed in the Recording task list pane (1). The tasks are listed with two information: task name and task length.
- Task name
If VCSD is using the Hook Mode, Recorder will automatically create a new task for the application it detects is producing audio stream. If VCSD is using the Virtual Audio Driver Mode, Recorder will only create new task for the application or device it is set to work with.
By default, a task is named bases on the name of the application which is producing the audio stream and the timestamp of when the recording process is started. To understand the new name format and/or the folder in which your recordings will be saved, see Base Folder and Name Template of Recorder Settings.
- Task length
The data under Length displays the elapsed time and the size of the recording.
A latest task will has no length information.
Fig 02 - Three main controls on VCSD Recorder dialog box
To control the recording process, you can either use controller buttons (4) on VCSD Recorder panel, or use the commands available on the popup menu when right click on the task name. The light preceding a task will tell you its status.
To adjust the settings of VCSD Recorder, click the Settings button (3). When you do so, the Recorder Settings dialog box will appear.
By default, VCSD Recorder will record audio stream with VCSD's morphing settings applied. If you want to record the original audio file, check the Record non-morphed streams at VCS checkbox (2).
Number of commands available on the popup menu when user rights click on the task name depends on the status of the task: new task, finished tasked, paused task, etc. (see tips):
Below explains the possible commands:
- Record: starts recording the current task.
- Pause: pauses recording.
- Continue Record To: resumes recording on a certain finished task.
- Stop: stops recording.
- Play: opens VCSD Player and play back the selected file.
- Deleted: deletes the selected task from the Task list along with its recorded data.
- Remove all completed: removes all the completed tasks.
- Remove: remove the selected individual task from Task list.
• If you click Remove or Delete while a task is being recorded, the recording process will be terminated.
• When you remove a task from the task list, the corresponding file will remain in the base folder, and you will be able to see the link to it in the VCSD Recorder playlist of VCSD Player.
• When you delete a task, it will be removed from the task list, and the corresponding file will be deleted from the base folder.