Background effect is a kind of sound which serves as a background for your voice in the appropriate situation or place you would like to be.
VCS Diamond supports many kinds of audio file format to be played as background sound: .mp3, .wav, .wma, etc.
Click on the BG Effects icon on the Left effects panel to open Background Effects panel. Click the ON/OFF button (1) to activate the Background Effects module. If the ON/OFF button is showing ON, the Background Effects is ready for use.
VCSD's background effect library has seventy background effects divided into fourteen groups: Aircraft, Applauds, Bikes, Fire, Footsteps, Military, Mystic, Natural sounds, Public affairs, Sea, Street voices, Trains, Watercraft, and Wind.
Background Effect pane has three main controls: Background effect tree on the left which is used to re-organize, add/del an effect group; add/del an effect; the Selected background effect pane on the right shows the name of the effect that has been chosen; and the Volume slider is used to adjust the volume of the selected effect.
Below is the explanation about all controls on the Background Effects tab:
Shows the list of seventy background effects in fourteen groups: Aircraft, Applauds, Bikes, Fire, Footsteps, Military, Mystic, Natural sounds, Public affairs, Sea, Street voices, Trains, Watercraft, and Wind.
• To expand a group: Click the ‘+’ icon before a group or double click the group name.
• To select an effect: Check the checkbox before the effect or double click the effect name. The effect will appear in the Selected background effect pane on the right, and will be applied right away.
• To deselect an effect: Clear the checkbox before the effect name or double click the effect name. The effect will be remove from the Selected Background Effects pane.
• To delete background effects: You can delete either an effect group or an effect by making right click on the effect tree, and choosing Delete from the popup menu.
• To scroll the effect tree: Use the scroll bar (1).
• Only one background effect can be used at a time.
• If an effect in a group is being used, the checkbox before the group name is also checked. Deselecting this checkbox will remove the selected effect in this group from the Selected background effect pane.
• Selected item in the Background effect tree is displayed in yellow text.
Shows the name of the background effect that is being used.
Adjusts the volume of the background effects.
Drag the slider to the left to decrease the volume, or to the right to increase the volume. You can also click on the slider and use the left and right arrow keys to move it.
You can also click on the slider and use the up and down arrow keys to change it.
• If you use the Load button to load an audio file to use as a background effect, the file will not be added into the Background effect tree.
• If you want to add the effect into the tree, use the Add effects button.
• You can set a hot key to quickly enable/disable the background effect tab.